Leonardo Da Vinci is arguably the greatest genius of all time. He was an inventor, scientist, artist, musician and architect who was consummate in his passion and his achievements. He is a most powerful example of what the human mind is capable of – vision, imagination, precision, artistry, and the combination of all these- expressed to the fullest in such elegance and poignancy.
Da Vinci’s original works are too fragile to be moved from the museums where they are permanently housed. But there is ONLY ONE Leonardo Da Vinci travelling exhibition available in the world that offers the most comprehensive look, analysis and interaction with Da Vinci’s works. Created with the assistance of Leonardo da Vinci experts in Italy and France, Da Vinci – The Genius celebrates one of the most revered and dynamic minds of all time. The interactive experience will immerse guests in Leonardo’s timeless brilliance through full-scale interpretations of the mastermind’s inventions and unparalleled studies of his iconic art. The exhibition features 13 compelling themed areas of da Vinci’s work, offering visitors an unmatched look inside the mind of the ultimate Renaissance man who laid the groundwork for some of modern society’s most impactful inventions, such as the helicopter, airplane, automobile, submarine, parachute and bicycle.
The Mind Museum will present Da Vinci – The Genius, the most comprehensive exploration of Leonardo da Vinci’s work ever created, for a limited engagement, in keeping with its commitment to offer first-rate travelling exhibitions to its guests. Experience his depth and splendour at The Mind Museum opening September 1st, 2013.
The Mind Museum’s aim is to give our guests an extraordinary experience that inspires them to understand nature. Visitors to Da Vinci – The Genius are invited to embrace the history, theory and objective behind each of da Vinci’s designs and artworks through engaging and entertaining technologies. Many exhibits are interactive and could be pushed, pulled and touched for better understanding. Other highlights include reproductions of “Virgin of the Rocks”, and “The Annunciation”, the controversial new Leonardo discovery “Bella Principessa”, amazing anatomical sketches, the preparatory drawings of the “Anghiari Battle,” and video presentations of “The Last Supper,” the “Vitruvian Man,” and the “Sforza Horse” sculpture that offer never before seen perspectives on these famous works. Guests also will enjoy a glimpse into da Vinci’s mysterious alphabet and writing techniques as they browse touch-screen versions of his actual codices.
Da Vinci – The Genius has over 200 pieces of his works from paintings, war machines, flying machines, and his notebooks to leave you breathless & inspired at what one human being can do with the power of his mind. The exhibition was developed by Grande Exhibitions Australia, under the kind auspices of the Commune di Roma, Commune di Firenze and Citta Di Venezia.
Come and witness Da Vinci – The Genius at The Mind Museum. It is the world’s most comprehensive travelling exhibition on Leonardo, and the ONE and ONLY Da Vinci exhibition to see in Manila this year.
Creators of “Da Vinci – The Genius” Traveling Exhibition • Created jointly by Grande Exhibitions Australia under the kind auspices of the Commune di Roma, Commune di Firenze and Citta Di Venezia, who worked with da Vinci experts from Italy and France.
• Grande Exhibitions funded the research and development of Italian Artisans, and worked closely with museum curators and historians to flesh out Leonardo’s inventions and other unique areas in the exhibition such as science based studies of his famous Renaissance Art, Leonardo’s Life and Times, and education guides for guests, making it the first and only comprehensive exhibition on Leonardo da Vinci that is true to international quality standards.
“Da Vinci – The Genius” Traveling Exhibition Now in Manila •
Come and experience this premier exhibition starting September 1 – November 30, 2013 at The Mind Museum, Special Exhibition Hall
• Ticket Purchases: (via www.tickets.themindmuseum.org or museum ticket booth)
Da Vinci only: Php 250 (Adult); Php 200 (Children/Students)
3-hour Museum + Da Vinci: Php 800 (Adult);
Php 600 (Children/Private school students)
Php 300 (Public school students and teachers)
All-Day Museum + Da Vinci Php 950
About The Mind Museum
• The Mind Museum is the Philippine’s first world-class science museum and its vision is to be the country’s center for the public understanding of science.
• Committed to bring to the country traveling science exhibitions which belong to a class of their own, The Mind Museum also aims to give Filipinos the opportunity to experience how different countries also make science come alive in every aspect of people’s lives. • A project of the Bonifacio Art Foundation, Inc., The Mind Museum is a non-profit educational facility. All ticket purchases and donations go to the maintenance and improvement of the Museum and its exhibits, plus help subsidize the entrance fees of public school students and teachers.
• Visit The Mind Museum at www.themindmuseum.org
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/themindmuseum
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/themindmuseum
• Instagram: @themindmuseum
• Tumblr: http://themindmuseumblog.tumblr.com